Mittwoch, Dezember 07, 2005

Why smart people defend bad ideas - This is a bit long, but just skimming it smarted (ha ha) a little, because I see myself in this article a few times too many.

Smart people, or at least those whose brains have good first gears, use their speed in thought to overpower others. They’ll jump between assumptions quickly, throwing out jargon, bits of logic, or rules of thumb at a rate of fire fast enough to cause most people to become rattled, and give in.


"Brains with good first gears." I like that.

2 Kommentare:

Tom_Biang hat gesagt…

"Just because everyone in the room is smart doesn’t mean that collectively they will arrive at smart ideas."

I can completely relate to that. That was a really good essay, and reminded me a lot of macroevolutionist.

John Goering hat gesagt…

Macroevolutionists or Macroevolutionism?

And in what way do you mean?