Donnerstag, November 06, 2003

Post-revolutionary thoughts
Well, after about 7 hours of Matrix goodness and about 4 hours of sleep(I got to bed at around 3am, had to get up about 7am 'cause my class started at 8:15 8-/ ) - I'm tired. :) I'm going to try to keep the following as spoiler-free as I can, but of course you'll probably want to see the movie anyways before you read this. ;-)
I personally LOVED the third movie, I thought it was even better than the second. The movie definetly goes along the lines of the second - lots of action, some more deep things to think about, etc.
I personally feel the three Matrix movies can definetly be compared to the three first Star Wars movies (Episodes IV-VI) - Episode IV was a movie that was completely finished in and of itself, just like Matrix I. It had a pretty clear ending(Death Star is destroyed / Neo is the One), though not as open as Matrix I, but it was revolutionary for its time because of the scale of the world behind the movie, and because of the effects. Now, Empire Strikes Back(Episode V) was a whole different matter. It had an extremely open ending(Han Solo's in carbonite, we just figure out Darth Vader is Luke's father, etc.), and it made Return of the Jedi absolutely necessary, simply to close all the open lines of plot. Well, that's exactly what happened in Return of the Jedi - it was a total grand finale of the war against the Empire, had a very clear ending, etc. Well - that's Matrix: Revolutions in a nutshell, it knits all the loose ends together(ever wonder who that guy is that is being led away when they go to the Merovingian in the second movie?), it has about thirty minutes of incredible battle scenes with hundreds of thousands of Squiddies fighting a hundred Mechs, more Kung Fu. It has an absolutely incredible ending, my jaw dropped at the genius of it. I won't say much, but for those who feel like it, read 2 Corinthians 5:21 for a nice description of what happens.

So...in my movie rating scale (which is basically - how much money would I have paid for the movie if I had known in advance how good it was?) this movie gets a 14. Yup, I really would have paid 14 Euros just to see this movie at the theaters. :) I know I'm crazy...so what? Well, see you later, I'm going to go take a nap. *snore*

Keine Kommentare: