Donnerstag, Mai 24, 2007

The last few weeks I've dived into the whole predestination/free will/sovereignty/theodicy question, partly because of thoughts I had while preparing a teaching on Ephesians 1:1-14, but also after realizing how strongly Driscoll and Piper, whom I both respect highly, are 5-point Calvinists.

I'm planning on writing up a longer post on this, just wanted to point anyone who's interested to a great article which for me finally gave a feeling of "now I get it!" on the whole topic by first of all defining "free will" in the terms of the question "Would the exact same person in the exact same situation have been able to decide differently than they did?". Either way you answer that question, you can run into logical problems. I really like the slant the writer of the article takes.

Anyways, check it out here and tell me what you think.

2 Kommentare:

onetenchelsea hat gesagt…

i went to high school with piper's kid. he was, apparently, pre-destined to be kind of an ass.

John Goering hat gesagt…

it's gotta be tough to be not only a pastor's kid but a famous pastor's kid. :D