Mittwoch, November 23, 2005

And yet another excellent article from "The Escapist":

The Escapist - When Gamers Breed

Donna and Jack can use games as effective parenting tools because they know and play the games. "George was behind the benchmarks for kindergarten in letter recognition and associated sounds," Donna remembers. "So over spring break he'd sit behind me and I'd use the World of Warcraft in-game page function to send him letters and phonics combos. (I have logs that go 'B' - 'f' - 'J' - 'TH.') He was so excited, and he'd yell 'em out. After he could call out the letters really well, I let him sit on my lap and call out mobs I'd go after. He would have to spell the names of the monster before I'd shoot at it. We got killed a lot early on - WoW mobs have big fantasy names, weird unfamiliar letter combinations - but he got faster and faster. George's teacher was very impressed with the progress we made over spring break - which is entirely due to the WoW pager function."


Very cool.

1 Kommentar:

Tom_Biang hat gesagt…

That's the greatest idea I've ever heard!