Mittwoch, Oktober 12, 2005

Sorry for the delay, o great and mighty faithful readers. :)
Wow, I just noticed Stephi blogged! Sweet!

Anyways, my thoughts on that article - it's kind of a sensationalist article, since naturally the Catholic church still says the Bible is true, just not meant literally in all passages.
However it still shows a shift in their thinking - the Bible is losing more and more of its sovereignty - it is now subject to scientific interpretation: If something like Genesis is hard or impossible for scientists to accept as literal truth, then it's interpreted symbolically. But that's definitely a slippery slope. Which scientists decide what is to be interpreted symbolically? Do we take a vote?

In other news, I'm TOTALLY into "Getting Things Done"(GTD) lately, a book on stress-free productivity by David Allen.


I really think that after long years of searching (seriously!) I might have struck gold here on a system that actually works for me. I noticed there are loads of techie geek blogs saying the same thing so I think the system works especially well for techie geeks, although I'm sure the author would disagree and say it's for everybody. ;)
Here's a pretty good summary of the book in practical terms.
Here's a very cool blog on "life hacks", that is, productivity tricks.
Here's another very cool blog having to do with various GTD things.

Enjoy.

Keine Kommentare: