Montag, Oktober 22, 2007

This is probably the most fascinating psycho-analysis optical illusion I've ever seen. Which direction is the dancer turning in? Clockwise or counter-clockwise?

Stephi and I both saw opposite directions, and it took me about 5-10 minutes of concentrating to be able to see the other direction at all. It's amazing how hard it is to imagine that other people really honestly are seeing the exact opposite of what you're seeing, just depending on which side of their brain dominates. Totally freaky.

So which direction do you see? (found via Moby's blog - yes, that Moby)

3 Kommentare:

jace hat gesagt…

thats awesome, i saw both ways pretty fast first i saw clockwise and then a minute later counter-clockwise...


and, i found the trick!!

if you stare at the shadow of her feet at the bottom, then you can switch directions very fast...

thats how i did it in like 10 secs.

jace hat gesagt…

is it just me, or dos the dancer seem very bored?

Radman hat gesagt…

Wow, that's wild. I first saw counter clockwise and then I also found the trick of looking at the shadow, although I couldn't switch it as fast as Jana could. Pretty wild stuff.