Dienstag, September 19, 2006

We just got back last Friday from our vacation at the North Sea, which was awesome...more later on that.

Now I need to get the "I usually don't do memes, but..." out of the way before I post this:

I usually don't do memes, but...my brother Timothy tagged me, so I really have no choice. :) Note my answers are not at all going to be as impressive as his are (Henry David Who?) Here we go, my answers to the book meme:

1. One book that changed your life:

Well, sorry, but the only book I can think of that actually deserves that description would also be the most obvious answer: the Bible. No other book I've read (so far!) has impacted me strongly enough that I'd say it actually changed my life.

2. One book that you've read more than once:

Radical Reformissionary by Mark Driscoll. I read it on my own, then also our church read it together. I found myself thinking "That is EXACTLY what I've always thought, just never had words to describe it like that." more than once reading it.

3. One book you'd want on a desert island:

Other than the Bible and "Practical raft-building", I can't think of anything better than a good deep novel: Lord of the Rings for example.

4. One book that made you laugh:

Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller. I don't know exactly why, but he hit my funny bone very often in that book, I think my humor is similar to his. I found myself laughing out loud on the tram, people staring at me out of the corner of their eyes. :)

5. One book that made you cry:

This is kind of embarrassing, but Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire by Jim Cymbala. There is just story after unbelievable story of God answering desperate prayers, and one story of parents and the church crying out to God for the parents' runaway daughter, only to have her completely turn her life around and come back home brought me to tears.

6. One book you wish had been written:

The Gospel of James with stories about Jesus' teenage and young adult life as remembered by his brother.

7. One book you wish had never been written:

The Origin of Species by Charles Darwin: NOT because I disagree with the science in the book (though I do), but because of what happened philosophically in society as a (direct and indirect) result of Darwinism.

8. One book you're currently reading:

Walking from East to West by Ravi Zacharias. Great book so far, it's a very intriguing account of his life - growing up in India, then moving to Canada, then the States. His insights and memoirs in there are so inspiring and challenging.

9. One book you've been meaning to read:

Missionary Methods: St. Paul's or ours? by Roland Allen. This book was written in 1912, but is seemingly becoming more and more relevant as time goes by.

10. Tag someone else:

Hmmm...I tag my wife. *evil grin*

Keine Kommentare: